Monday, December 11, 2006

Momma comes FIRST

the very best thing that I could have ever done for my boys is to put me first this year. to really put me first. I was on a fast track for heart problems and it was the only thing that I could think of to save my life.

so we did some major renovations on me instead of the house. and it was phenomenal. I wish I could be a poster girl for the rest of the mommas that think that if they put themselves after the kids that they are doing anyone any favors. they are not. those kids do not need a 25% MOMMA, they need a 100% momma and a working momma needs to take care of the momma.

while I am working 120 hours a week this month, and loving it, they know that there will come a slow month that I am not going to be working 120 hours, and while I am working like mad, I am still volunteering a hour each week at the school which is just plain madness but they love it. it actually counts for more like 10 hours to them, kids are strange.

but I still have to stop and take a pause and maintain my health and that has been on the back burner for YEARS. not anymore. I am 8 lbs from my weight when I graduated from high school. it feels great to be back in a size 10 and have the energy to do all this great stuff with my kids.