Friday, September 15, 2006

one more week down, just the rest of my life to go.

HEALTH:
the reason there are so many diets out there, is that no two people's bodies hold on to fat the same way.
I can tell you that no two bodies are the same. some people gain from carbs, some gain from fats, some gain from whatever else there is.

for me, I thought it was so hard. my husband went vegetarian, and he lost 55 lbs eating as much as he wanted. riding his bike like some lance armstrong. I did what he did and GAINED. after 4 years, it was insane. he has a grain based diet and it was killing me.

before that I thought that Susan Powter (sp??) had the answer with Fat Free, I gained more than I lost. between in there was the Sugar Busters. I just want to cry. the more I tried, the worse I felt.

with the newest doctor he made it so easy. LEAN MEATS AND LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES. as much as I wanted, three meals a day. and I averaged 10 lbs loss each month. I could have continued on that probably done okay for a while if I were a 'normal' human. ;-) and for those people that only have a decade or so of fluff build up, it does help.

you do have to move to lose, which is what had me going crazy for so long, I have always been moving, walking about 5 miles a day throughout the day (my husband didnt believe me, until I got a pedometer strapped to my ankle, now he thinks that it is inaccurate, he is such a twirp!) but I do not advocate curves or any other 'fitness center' I have wasted so much money at those places, I invested the money in my own home gym, and it is really working well.

I set aside a bedroom, got a stationary bike, a weight set, a weight bench, a small trampoline, an exersize ball, elastic bands, and a home theater. now I can work out and watch a great movie.

sorry, this has turned into a novel! ;-)
WORK:
I am so jazzed, I had to tell someone!!!!

I went online and checked my local chamber of commerce, went to the ribbon cutting ceremony for a new local daycares, with business cards in hand. they already had a photographer, but it was a splendid idea, I need to check out more chamber of commerce daycare activities

I had scheduled a 'daycare' in Huntsville. 1 hour drive each way. but I was 'desparate'

so I booked them with NO NOTICE in May and got their prints back to them in time for mothers day. I did the VICTORIAN props. my prices were reported by several to be reasonable. my images were always liked.

so I went back this week. did another session with a BRIDGE set for summer. and someone left that daycare and went to a different one over the summer, and I was 'recommended' and she booked for October. (I just squeezed her in - LOL). we are doing the RODEO set.

I got a list of local daycares for this town, the director of the current daycare, X'd out several daycares that would not be good candidates for my 'style' or that were just too poor. now she realizes that she has just given me good leads on other places, she books her next session in March, 5 days before the 'first of the month' payday rolls around, when everyone gets the check for the month... SMART THINKING. I am thinking the 'BEACH' set

I drove over to one, ice cold dead call, they were getting portraits done by 'the other guys' on monday, thank you, bye.

the director of THIS daycare recommended that I contact another daycare, of which the a mom went to work for and took two of her's with. so COLD CALL, I drove over today and say, hey, well they had a 'company' coming in BUT.. I smiled and nodded and said, well, that is okay, mine are not the 'standard issue' boring, but a little different and special, just take a look at my (splendid ACI Expressions "5x7" portfolio) and she did. I had a sample prepay sheet from the current week project with my 6 package prices. she booked me for first week in november. we are going to do SANTS CHRISTMAS pictures and sell CARDS.

now I am flying so very high. literally GIDDY. and then low and behold I get a call out of the BLUE from a mom that has an 11 year old PAGEANT entrant that needs HEAD SHOTS like NOW. I can 'squeaze her in' (LOL) at 4 pm. at first she just wants 1 8x10, so I say fine, normally my minimum is $125, however, I know that you are 'stressing' and need just one and right now, so sitting fee +$35/8x10, I can set you up. she calls back, no, she needs lots of 8x10's, she will get the minimum package and see me tomorrow.

OMG.... this never happens to me, NEVER. now I promise myself that I will contact at least 2 new daycares a day until I am at my goal. (4 day cares a month) for the next 12 months.