Tuesday, January 02, 2007

mutterings

piling kids in a little car can be a challenge. with a new grand baby coming, Krys already babysitting an 11 month old, as well as Erik and Magnus still in boosters. my car is going to be crowded. I do not know where the photo is, probably at home on my computer, but I have one with an alpha omega convertible, one with an Apollo 5 pt booster and one with a Graco full back boost but using the car's strap for the one of the kids, (I had a girl friend's kid with me, as well as Erik and Maggie. and I am pretty sure I had Maggie with the Apollo in the middle, and the Erik in the belt positioning booster on one side and the convertible on the other. but even when the twins and step sister Missy were little, I could get three boosters in the back of a Chevy Chevette so I am constantly amazed at parents that do not 'try' heehee currently we have Erik in a no back booster and Magnus in a full back belt booster and I do throw Erik's booster in the trunk when I need to get an adult like Krys back there or if we have Jackson (Krys babysitting gig) with us and Erik in the middle with 'gasp' no booster at all. funny thing is that Krys and Jazz graduated out of boosters at 2.5 years old and survived quite nicely. i would rather have them in the back and no booster than in the front with an airbag.

I am seriously considering getting a wagon/van for work. there are so many times when I am hauling my whole studio up to Huntsville and know that it is going to be a TIGHT squeeze.
march is going to be a BEAR! my bridge alone is 4 feet long. takes up the whole front seat.

I didn't start riding a bike until kindergarten, so I do not know where Erik got so taletned, but the boy has skills.

portrait studio. oh what a LONG process that has been. I still do not have it PERFECTED, but I am getting much better. first off was to buy 'proper' lights. I got two alien bees strobe lights and they are fantastic. the color is nice and I love it. I had 'hot lights' that were way too yellow, I spent HOURS correcting the color of my photos now I spend seconds running a batch process and I am done. as for 'ordering' http://www.barefootgiggles.com makes it really simple. just have to keep my own head straight. I did accidentally forget two people that ordered 2 sheets of wallets, and they only got one, but overall out of about 200 orders, I only made about 3 mistakes. (one was missing an 8x10 and two were missing a sheet of wallets) Then I had a wonderful maternity, I am totally loving it. big promo coming out this month based on this image. as for the lighting, I just keep moving the lights around until I get them to 'wrap' around my subject and give more of a third dimension effect.

talked to Magnus on the phone yesterday, he admitted that me missed me and he wanted me to come home right then, told him that I had not packed, but that I would start so that I could come right home. he RARELY will talk to me on the phone, but he was pretty funny, I asked him to make me dinner, he said he was not allowed to make dinner, I told him to make me mac-n-cheese, he said I am not allowed mac-n-cheese, just lean meats and leafy green vegetables. that was pretty funny. told him that now I can have other stuff. so we talked about him making me a bowl of granola, he said that dad had dumped all the granola in a box and mixed up all the cereal. I then got him going on if they had put pancakes in the mix, this was silly and he told me, no pancakes was for dinner, so I asked him if they put waffles in the mix, then pizza in the mix, then tacos and spaghetti in the mix, all the things that I knew he had had for dinner recently. he stayed on the phone for a really long time. but I think that we are getting over the 'hump' if his abandonment issues. 2007 he will go with me for the summer.

I was really surprised that he was a quiet and compliant as he is about kindergarten. he is never in trouble. he is always quiet. he has a few issues about getting on the bus. about once a month. and it almost breaks my heart that he is so quiet and stoic about it all. he doesn't appear to enjoy it, but he goes every day like a trooper just to get it over with. I peek in on him when I am there to see Erik, and he is always just doing his work, not interacting with anyone else. breaks my heart.