Thursday, January 18, 2007

love who you are, not what size you are

someone (also 7 months post op) said that they were jealous that I had reached goal and they were still 34 pounds away from their goal. which got me to thinking:

I have no idea what would motivate you. I am just overwhelmed with the emotions I am going through right now. part of me is uncomfortable with being able to feel my bones and that I am still getting smaller. I find that pants that I just bought three weeks ago are now really baggy. went to my doctor and he said to eat fatter things like whole milk and prime rib to keep me from blowing away. he expects that even so, I will end up loosing another 20 lbs and then bounce back up to this weight and not to stress. well I still do stress and so I started sabotaging my diet months ago, deliberately trying to stop the process so that I did not get too skinny. I wonder how many others do that. we look in the mirror and see someone else instead of our selves and are happy with 30+ extra pounds as a compromise from what we were, what we THOUGHT we wanted and what we really ended up looking like. I think in the end you have to find a weight that you are at, if it is here. fine. if it is there fine. but you have to be happy. maybe it is not the scale, maybe it is the size. but find your happy spot and then do not regret your choices either way.