Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Texas update

Well the Chatty Version: My car has been in the shop for 23 days. I got a loaner car from the Dealership, and the tags ran out on it on Friday, so I have been driving around on expired tags on a 2009 Honda Accord. The Transmission went out and they are replacing it. The problem started in January 2008, and by February 2009 I was pretty upset. In January 2009 I put $1400 into a catalytic converter, that I DIDNT need since it didn't fix the problem. I took it back for a jutter in the starter clutch (inside the Transmission) in November, December, January, and finally in February I grabbed the flipping mechanic and took him on a ride so that I could replicate the flipping problem. sweet mother of god. it was not that difficult. you can Google the symptoms and get 1000 hits of what the problem is and that it is covered under warranty. but they THOUGHT they could jerk me around on that. The Civic is only 6 years old. they have since been educated that I am not in the mood. I pitched a fit to customer service and planned to report everything to Honda Corporate. I figured I would hear from the General Manager in 12 hours and I did, almost to the minute. He called the next morning and BEGGED me to let him fix the car before sending my response to Honda Corporate. supposedly my review would decimate their averages, well DUH! so they are supposedly going to reimburse me for the catalytic converter ($1400.00)and they have ordered and installed a brand new transmission($3600.00)and I am waiting to hear back on the hybrid battery pack that they tried to sell me ($3200.00). I think that it is finally paying off to be an elderly woman. ;) district managers do not give you nearly as much shit and take you much more seriously as a consumer. ;) (rolling eyes - bloody morons)

As for the rest of the clan. well let me start with the typical stuff: I got about 5 calls on Monday because Erik is having issues. By Tuesday, I got 3 calls, he was in In School Suspension. By Wednesday, he was out, but by Friday, back in. supposedly he is too smart to study, too cute to care. he did get almost a perfect score in the Read Texas State Exams. But he annoyed another kid at school and said 'boys are weird' which the kid retaliated by saying that he would kill Erik out in the playground with a knife. Naturally his butt was sent home, but for the life of me I have no idea why they would put Erik in ISS for saying 'BOYS are WEIRD" They ARE weird. he got the standard issue 1.5 hour butt chewing. I was seriously ticked off, more calls from the school in the last 21 days than in the previous 36 months. I think that the school principal has my cell phone on the top 5 speed dial numbers. Last weekend he did better and qualified for his BB Gun Certification and Archery Certification for Boy Scouts.

One more chess match next week and we are done with the tournament for the year. Both boys had a draw today.

Magnus wants to quit Boy Scouts, and then changes his mind again. I think it is because he HATES crowds of people in general and doesn't like the chaos, I am not sure. Getting him to an activity is like pulling out his toe nails, but once he is there, takes a crow bar to pry him away. What is the shock of the day is that with enough skittles, I can bribe him to actually read on level for me. he has been reading significantly below level and it has been causing some serious worry. but I think that he has been playing me.

Krystal took her ACT exams a couple of weeks ago and she was extremely stressed out. she is a little old to start college and she has forgotten most of the stuff, but I think that if she retakes the next one, she will be more comfortable. She does need to find something to do with her days while she is waiting for Jason to do whatever he is supposed to be doing. I would say playing in the sand box, but I might get something thrown at me. heehee.

Jasmine has been accepted at University of Montana and I may have to personally maim anyone trying to distract her. The number one reason for sending her there her senior year was so that A)I didn't kill her and B) so that she would graduate from a Montana High school and have a guaranteed admission to the same college that Her Grandma and I graduated from. Moving on base instead of completing the plan that we set in place in 2003 would really screw that up. (just ask the Honda District Manager how well that goes over) She would have to wait yet another year to get in-state tuition. As If! she has moved to house that is 5 minutes from her work and will not be having a room mate. She was fine without one for many months out in Montana while my parents were out of state for MONTHS. so she should start to settle down and de-stress some. She has Pyper and Dakota with her and naturally she is happiest with lots of dog hair in her life. GIGGLE.

now for the DRAMA!!!! Not sure what is going on this Summer with Naomi in Washington. She is getting much bigger and more emotional. Erik and Magnus will have Swim Team, and Triathlons, and Scout day camp.

I sent a couple more boxes to the troops. I heard that there was a request for Chocolate Chip and Sugar Cookies. Things have quieted down here work-wise, so I should have time to make them on Thursday. Sverre says that I am getting fat (gained 13 lbs) but I hope to have it back off before long.

Well hell it is 1:44 am and I would have to say that I have burned through yet another day. I am taking both boys to the scout fair this weekend. Maybe Sunday to the Park, they paved a path from Collins Park (behind the Cypresswood Cop Shop all the way under Steubner to Meyer Park along the bayou. It is pretty kewl.