Monday, October 02, 2006

Back to the Drawing board



four months ago, I was just starting out, now I am back to having issues.

eat this and get sick
bend here and get sick, it sucks

today was a normal day, other than not getting enough fluids. tried to get some an hour after dinner, and threw up dinner. that stinks.

friday it started:
but I think that I may have something benign:

about 4 days ago, I started nibbing on fried pork rinds. a little high on the sodium chart, but not too bad.

about 3 days ago, I was low on my fluids that day, about 20 oz total,

same day I had some corn on the cob after dinner. not a lot, but enough to give me a REACTION of the nature.

at that point, I do not know what contributed to the problem, I thought that it was some or all of the above. but

later that night, HOLY CRUD. my stomache started hurting, right underneath the incision point for my pouch, it felt like it was on fire.

I drank 24 oz of chamomile tea and felt better as long as I didnt move. anytime I stretch, bend, or twist, a SHARP pain happens.

the next day I baked like a mad woman, no ill effects, but if I bent over, smooshing that area, a SHARP pain happens. I was low on fluids again, but by the end of the day, I had gotten in another 24 oz of chamomile tea.

today, I am doing okay on the fluids, the pain is still bothering me but only when I am laying down, reach over and stretch some muscles.

I am concerned that it could be gallbladder, or acid reflux, or torn ligament, or gawdknowswhat.

I have not been 'religious' about my actigall, I am still on my 3rd Rx, and I got it filled in August, so I am at less than 50% success rate of remembering the stuff.

the 'trigger' was the corn, I was so sick from that and just feeling icky ever since, but no fever, so no infection.

I think that I am leaning more towards a hernia or ulcer, but mostly hernia. I can feel a little lump right under the incision scar, that would be right at the pouch area.

either way, I am going to call on monday and let the expert have a go at it. no nausea, which is a good thing, I have been drinking 2x my normal amounts of chamomile tea which has been kinder, if not helping anything.

I hate second guessing every single little twinge that my body makes, it would seem that 4 months post op, I would be out of the woods by now, but there seems to be new 'issues' cropping up. I did call, they will not see me until friday. I am to call tuesday and give the nurse and update.

I was not even going to call, it was getting better, and then I was crawling under my desk and HOLY GUACAMOLE, I pulled something and I was in tears it hurt so bad, I revised my plan and called after I got my breath back.

they can not get me in until friday, so I guess it is not life threatening. the rest of today was okay, I sat in my chair and did not move. ;) until dinner time. I ate my dinner. waited 50 minutes took two drinks from my bottle, and it all came right back up, waited for an hour, and got down 8 oz of chamomile tea. what a PITA. this is a routine that I could live without.

Did I move today?
sure I did, I moved out of the bed to the toilet
I moved out of the toilet to the kitchen for breakfast
I moved out of the kitchen to the office
I moved out of the office to the living room for lunch
I moved out of the living room to the office
I moved out of the office to the kitchen for dinner
I moved out of the kitchen back to the office to check in here
I moved all day long!


extra skin:
yes, right now my body looks like a puddle of silly puddy in the hot summer sun.

i sit and my legs puddle over the seat, I can see the bones and some muscles and the skin is just puddling

it is like melted popcicles. but I ignore my arms and legs, i put on short sleeve shirts and shorts and I just face the day. my belly fat is the most improved by inches and still the most troublesome area, it is still a big fat belly. I do not care, honestly.

my heart is healthy and not trying to push all that blood all over the place. I am just going to ignore the skin and keep on living.

my plan is more moisturizers to help with the elasticity of the skin, right now my skin is so dry.

Food:
B: Cottage Cheese & Blueberries
L: Wendy's Chili
D: Chicken & Tomato

Liquids:
4 oz water
7 oz chocolate milk
9 oz SF on the go
7 oz chocolate milk
9 oz of Chamomile tea
36 oz.. not good.