Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Back to Basics

I got my wake up call about two years ago, the weight was going up, but only a pound a month, no big deal right. I hit the snooze button

I got another wake up call when I couldn't comfortably get into my sexy jeans, no big deal right. I hit the snooze button

I went on vacation and got blisters and open sores where my waist band rubbed my tummy over Christmas break. I started skipping desert, but no big deal right. I hit the snooze button.

For me, it seems that March is my magical month that I need to DO SOMETHING. it was in 2006 when I made a choice, and it was in 2010 when I had to REALLY make a choice.

for some reason I was thinking that if I never stretched my pouch, I would never have to DIET again right? grrr

so naturally, I like to used my hypoglycemia as an excuse to graze, after all, I have issues, right? well, the more I cut back on SIMPLE carbs, and incorporate more Proteins, I am seeing less peaks and valley's and while I am still eating about 3 snacks and 3 meals a day, I am still keeping under my daily calorie goal.

Now I didnt move that much when I was first post op, but I did move, it was so much easier to just think that I could coast, but I rode a bike once in a while, I did walk, once in a while, I did go out and hang up laundry, once in a while, and all that did add up, whereas in the last year, I have been hiding behind my computer, holed up in the school room, and avoiding people.

Excuses? I do not have a car, I can not leave. I am going through menopause and I do not want to go out and talk to people. I do not have money, I can not buy anything. i am homeschooling my child, he needs to be home studying. I have my grand child and he can not ride a bike with me. all EXCUSES.

I could ride when the dad comes home. I could do something about the mess that is climbing up around my ears. so now I have shared my spiel and it is time for me to leave you and go declutter this house.

by the way, cutting back and making small changes this week, I had an unusually good week. -5 lbs. this week. I will most likely plateau, but eventually it will go down as we all know.