Saturday, September 19, 2009

I promise

I don't feel good, I feel pretty yucky,

it has been so long since I have had a bounce in my step,

if I died tonight, I would be just lucky.

Most of the time, it is the sugar, corn, cauliflower, and the cucumbers too,

I miss the milk, I miss the sweets, and the really quick eats,

sometimes it is the coffee or the cream of wheat that make me blue.


I was so fat, I was quite round, then I was so skinny, able to leap and bound,

I shopped til I dropped, I bought out Kohl's,

now I am in the middle, and cautious when I eat out in town.


I sigh. I moan. I made a really confounded face.

So much has changed, and yet I am still missing that bouncy attitude,

each day I am not sure if I am gonna be high or low, but I really am not in a happy place.


I have not got much more to say, I am so exhausted you see

with work, and school, and a family that is in constant duress,

I can not get out of bed to come and play, so ya'll just have to leave me be.


I promise today that I will do better,