Tuesday, August 29, 2006

oh husband, dear husband


for someone to be thin and healthy, have a high metabolism rate:
it must be so hard to live with someone that is fluffy and have a very very low metabolism rate.

my husband has looked like this his whole life. (course he listens to bands like: Wig Wam (gracious!)

but bless his heart, he loved me when I was a little fluffy, a lot fluffy, a little less fluffy, a little more fluffy, a little less fluffy, and a lot more fluffy, and now I am 30 lbs less than when we met. I am warning him that shortly, I will be stealing his clothes. ;)

;-) my surgeon told me specifically do not count calories. do not count calories. just count oz. eat .5 oz of lean meats with each meal and .5 oz of leafy green vegetables with each meal. do not drink 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after but do drink 82 oz a day.

My Doctor said:
LEAN MEATS and LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES

and you (me) will lose 4 lbs a week the first 3 months and then 2.5 lbs a week the next three months and then you can eat whatever you like and you will stay the same.

he does not like the protein suppliments so he really would prefer that I not consume them, says that they are too calorie dense.

so it is not a whim that am I on this program. I have seen that his success rate is 99% and he has done 1500+ surgeries in the last 5 years. he seems to have perfected this process down to an idiot proof science. and I really needed idiot proof.

he did make was is called a mini pouch and there are some of his patients that are 2 years out and still only have a 4 oz pouch.

always remember that YMMV (your mileage may vary) and that no two people are the same. my husband eats 2500-3500 calories a day and he loses a pound a week if he is not careful.
I tried to eat what he ate (vegetarian) with breads and rice as the base and I ballooned from 235 to 275 so that was not good for me. but it is FANTASTIC for him.

some people are much healthier on a high caloric intake, I am not. my body really only needs 200 calories a day and it is happy, it has not been for a week or 10 days like this, it has been for 3 full months. just chugging along.