Tuesday, August 08, 2006

-17.2 lbs in 6 weeks in Motel

I have been thinking about my colon all morning, but simply because I had to make a food choice yesterday to get things moving. the 'interesting' side bar of the surgery, is that you only 'go' once a week but it is 'irritating' when you get backed up.

for me, ice cream used to 'move' things along, but lately, not even that is effective. I resorted to shredded wheat to create some 'fiber', takes 12 hours to make an 'impact', and then the 'fun' begins. ;) my poor intestines got all sad for a couple of hours.

tonight I am working on a gala apple to see if I can not keep things continuously flowing. I swear, I really need to get a life.

I think that I am totally getting dehydrated again. very easy to do when I am out with family and do not have a bottle in my hand. also water by itself just rips my tummy and so I have been drinking propel, easy on the tummy, but I am getting sick of the taste.

protein shakes. blech, they are just too sweet. my dh cuts them with kefir and that really helps he says, so I will try that when I get home tomorrow. woke up with about 40 strands of hair on the pillow, so it would seem that I am approaching the 3 month anniversary and am going to lose more hair.

walking, that is above average, so I am not going to stress on that for awhile. I really need to focus on increasing my intake of food and fluids. yesterday was okay, I had a sausage patty for breakfast, popcorn in the afternoon, and shredded wheat for dinner. so 8 oz of protien for the day is totally not good. I just couldnt face the salmon in the fridge, blech, so sick of salmon. cup of sf hot chocolate for bedtime snack (last 10 oz of the day)

I am excited that the scales are moving, 6 lbs this week, but like I said, my colon is just irritated and upset. am packing and flying tomorrow. will feel better when I get home and in my own environment, it has been a long 6 weeks in the motel room.

hell, I am gonna give my self a pat on the back, living in a motel room on fastfood, no bicycle, and I was able to stay focused and lose 17.2 lbs in 6 weeks, I AM VERY PROUD OF ME!

my boys start school on the 16th, the BABY will be in full day K and #4of5 will be in 1st grade. I plan to work full time and be more productive this year, all alone at home all day.