Wednesday, September 06, 2006

healthier


went to the PCP today, she was freaking grinning her head off. she has not seen me in 6 months, so the transformation has been phenomenal. while it is her job to weigh me, and she immediatly noticed 85 lb drop, what she really noticed was the change in my labs. my triglycerides are way down, my cholesterol is dropping, my protiens are significantly up, and overall I am in the healthiest shape that she has seen me since she started treating me 5 years ago. she was nice and said I looked much younger. but she was quick to reassure me that regardless of this, that, and the other, my body is well nurished and exceptionally healthy.

I am exceptionally healthy. period.


WoW moment yesterday.

I walked in to Tacohell where my daughter is working, and she didnt recognize me for 3 seconds. she started to give me a 'normal' customer greeting, it was to die for.

then her manager came out and was blown away that I was so much smaller, and then HER supervisor came out 'innocently' to do 'something' at the counter, and HE was blown away.

so they didnt ask me what my scale said, they didnt ask me what my tape measure said, they just saw that I was smaller and that was all that mattered.

made me think.

the only one obsessing over the number on the dial is

ME.

as long as I look like I have had a bath recently, used some breath mints, they smiled.

as for the DAMN bathroom, pulled the toilet out, and pulled up the carpet last night and found tons of mold. bleached the dickens out of it and went to sleep, this morning it looks better, sealed it with Kilz, and will finish today. got the popcorn done, painted, the living room drapes washed, dried and rehung, the drop clothes down, the book cases wiped down, the dining room and kitchen floors cleaned, now just about down to the wire.