Friday, April 14, 2006

2 Weeks Notice...

what can happen in two weeks? well flying over Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah, and Idaho. eating out for 42 meals, walking 25 miles, soaking for 30 minutes in a jacuzzi, spending WAAAY too much money, watching way too many movies (list to follow), and crashing one portable hard drive.

progress, another 4 lbs gone, there were days that I wanted to just go eat some cake, but I curbed and had some 1 - 3 net carb items. and while I didnt loose any weight those two weeks, I didnt gain, so I am still qualified for the surgery. I have been approved by the insurance and so we are a 'go' I will called tomorrow and start the next round of goodies.
the difficult part that I have learned about me in the last two weeks is that I have a low frustration level. when I am with people and in a 'herd' I am fine and can resist the carbs, but as soon as I am alone and lonely, then I am craving companionship of carbs. this was not easy to face. I do not like to see myself as insecure. this week I watched the show on Discovery Health/TLC the 657 lb woman. wow, that was 'enlightening', I can see that she is a social person, every time they sent her home from the hospital, she would 'have an emergency' and need to be readmitted. she lost 200 lbs in 4 months, and is happier, but still not 'there' as far as physcological healing. she was disappointed that some fat was not removed during surgery. she didn't appear to have had any education on liquid diet after surgery, or vits. that seems sad.

as for me, I am still trudging along:
KAtkins Menu:

breakfast: scrambled eggs, picante sauce, mozzarella cheese, carb select 2 gram protein bar
lunch: broccoli salad, tossed green salad, cream of broccoli soup, water, Coke Zero
dinner: Walleye Pike, Halibut, asparagus

excersize: grocery shopping, post office, fish market, errands counts right?