Monday, April 28, 2008

less girl drama

distancing myself from the drama that the twins seem to stir up. my kids don't hate me. I have had to distance myself and stick to the rules. that was difficult. more so on me than them. most recent 'issue' was that dd#1 (the one that moved from Montana to Texas) (I loaned her $800 to get here, she has to work it off helping me out) she has been here for 2 months. she wanted to go back up to montana for the weekend so that she could 'pack' the rest of her stuff, to put in storage, not to move it down here yet, but the boyfriend is moving out of the house and in with his parents and after a few minutes of queries, I deducted that she wanted a bootie call. not that I blame her, but I am not paying for a bootie call. heehee she said that she only needed $500 for the plane ticket. I said no. she wondered if her sister would pay for it. I said if her sister had $500 she could pay me back darn it. she begged. she pleaded. she whined. she cajoled. I was pretty easy going about it. (she is bipolar and I do not like to make her cry, and she cries pretty easily) and finally after about two days of it, I lost my temper.

as a mom, most will understand that you can be pretty cheerful and calm about saying no without it being too painful. and then you get the TONE.

let me tell you about the TONE.

I had to use the TONE with my DH in January. and basically I freaked him, his mom, his dad, everyone out with the TONE. it is the "you just crossed the line, you just went into no mans land, and I have just now turned into the TERMINATOR" tone.

it is one of the most cold hearted suppressed rage low pitched monotone that will definitely convey that someone will die if someone does not get the hell away from me.

with dh:
he gave me the silent treatment for a week, fine with me, I do not play games. I ignored him. he decided to 'have a chat with me' I said that I had been thinking about it as well and I had decided that he needed to go back to norway and do not let the immigration door hit him in the @$$ on the way out. I was serious as a heart attack, I was ready to file for divorce and there would be no negotiation. he could have erik, I would keep magnus and he would pay $XXX child support and I had already modified my schedule to pay for the house payment and he could leave on the next flight and I was not kidding and he knew it. the fact that I was so unemotional I think is what scared him the most. He wisely took me seriously.

JAZZ on the other hand must have realized that I was serious, I explain to her in the same deadly cold tone that I was not shelling out another single penny to help another single soul in this family until after I had spent money to go see Naomi *(#3 daughter, living with autism) and that I had already denied her a visit for spring break in deference to #1 and #2 daughters "NEEDS" and that was a one time deal, and it would not happen again. Naomi Needs were Next and not negotiable. the discussion was closed, it was not brought up again and everyone is gliding under the radar.

I do not know why it has to get to that point. why everyone clamors, me, me, me, me until I get to the point that I have to turn into THAT type of person that I have to adopt that Persona of full out death biach.

anyways, all is quiet on the southern front. I am pushing myself hard on the boys schedule of events. finishing up chess club tournament (#4 of 5 is undefeated to date) #5 of 5 is just happy to move his pieces around on the board, (totally fine with me)

Scouts is supposedly winding down however, I have five meetings this week, so I really do not see it letting up yet. we might have a break in july/ august, but I doubt it.

we started swim team and so they have daily practice 5 days a week, meets on saturday.

oh get this.. I could just kill DH.. we could have a free family portait session with Doug Box, and a $200 credit towards our prints, DH says no, only wants me to do out family session (i set it up, and one of the girls fire the trigger) (AUGH) so the boys will pose for Dennis Craft on Wednesday in College station. just so frustrating, I want one of ME and the FAMILY.

okay, enough whining... yes, for those that are reading, my family is the poster family for dysfunctional. (rolling eyes) my dh is still trying to save the planet, refuses to get a new car (we have one car, a hybrid) and we are still hanging clothes out on the clothes line to save the environment, however, I did force him to get me a dishwasher on saturday, my hands are dying. I embarrassed the dickens out of him with my tirade to the salesman when the guy said 14 days, that it must be 72 hours or I was going to have to hurt someone. *sigh*