Sunday, May 14, 2006

Just 24 Hours

why can I not go 24 hours and believe that WLS is the right choice? I have a chart on the wall, plotting my progress, I started at 275, and my first goal is 225, the weight that I was at 10 years ago when I moved to Houston. It seemed a reasonable goal. not the full 135 lbs but 50.. and really it is just 40 lbs from Post Erik Pre Magnus weight. and why do women mark before pg and after pg weights as magic markers? must be some kind of wierd.

anyways. I soo the scales slowly going down, at a pretty good rate. 25 lbs in 60 days. completely reasonable. so another 60 and I will be at the first goal. so what is the point of the risk? .02% die. those are not good odds. the doctor's office said 1 in 300, those are REALLY not good odds. why? my buddy in Wisconsin keeps encouraging (she never had a single problem, but then again, she had to gain weight to get qualified.) I just wish there was a majic wand that would tell me, you will not have complications. you will not dump. you will not die. that would be a good thing. NOT DIE.

I konw that most of success / failure is mind over matter. I know this. but even today, had the worst feeling when I smelled sverre baking cinnamon rolls. it is so not fair. after 2 months, I can not have them. and I want them. and I hate smelling them. after 60 days of him baking them every single sunday, I gave up and ate one, and he had the audacity to be SUPRIZED! HELLO! do I leave bags of M & M's around the house? no. sabotage.

KAtkins Menu:
breakfast: scrambled eggs, cheese, smoked salmon, coffee
lunch: pork loin, artichoke, water
dinner: protien bar

exersize: cleaned the toy room, worked on the computer, surfed the web, that has to burn some calories!