Thursday, March 07, 2013

compassionate service

Oath: Do on to others, as you would have them do onto you. Motto: Be the example, do not follow others example. Law: If someone needs help, you give it, whether it is convenient or not. some would say that I am a doormat instead of a compassionate service provider. some would say that I am an enabler rather than looking out for the younger populations best interests. (I do not do this for the adults). but I do believe in karma. I do believe in setting the example of charity and community service. I do at least hope that I am teaching those that I care for and those that I care about learn what it means to put the needs of others ahead of the needs of one self. my boys may not like that they are not the center of attention. but I am teaching them that it is not all about them. my girls may not appreciate the personal sacrifice today, but I do expect them to understand when they are in the same position that they would see the obligation to family. mostly I believe that Charity is patient and is kind; love doesn't envy. Love doesn't brag, is not proud. If I can teach that by demonstrating it, eventually others will follow and also give charity, love, and service. The hard part is to learn to accept charity and love and service from others. because as much as I feel that to give service is important, I can not withhold that gift from others that also benefit from giving. THAT is what I am working on personally. not saying no, but saying, can you help with this....