Wednesday, January 20, 2010

who am I

my husband would say that I am a slacker mom

my adult children would say that I am a helicopter mom

my preteen children would say that I am a photographer mom

on a different blog, someone just wrote:
As you go through your day and week at your job, think about the good things that your it provides you – whether it be a sense of accomplishment when you complete a project, the laughs that you share with your co-workers or just the money you take home. Going through life with an appreciative frame of mind can make a world of difference – especially at work! (Note: I do realize that not everyone has a job in the sense I’m referring to. But the same principles apply for those looking for work, going to school or staying home with your kids. Your job is whatever you consider it to be.)

and I had to think about that a minute. What am I and where am I.

what is a slacker mom? I prefer

Zen Mom

How do you do it? Even when explosions are all around, you are able to take a deep cleansing breath and chant your mantra "this too shall pass." You are a calming influence on your kids in a hectic world.

He really just wishes that I had a crappy job that I hated as well and that I made my own spending money and some for him too. heehee good luck with that. I LOVE my job. and it happens to be:

unregistered teacher and learning coach
undocumented chauffeur and navigational expert
unpaid childhood therapist and unorthodox priest
unprofessional nutritionist and physical therapy motivational instructor
plump and not so starving artist and family historian
overzealous activity and travel logistics director
unregistered nurse & medical professional
unmitigated family dispute judge and jury
unlicensed youth guidance counselor and Scout Advancement chairperson
enthusiastic but ineffective family economist
dreaded life skills youth trainer
reluctant hygiene policy maker and enforcer
master nuclear family unit time management coordinator
kitchen and lavatory faerie
outside labor supervisor

and what am a I doing right now? typing this rather than do my job for the day: uncertified public accountant and tax preparer. okay, I have avoided this long enough. back to the books.